Portland & OSCon

John Goerzen-3
Hi,

OSCon is happening in Portland, OR starting 2 weeks from today, with
probably the largest number of people there on July 23 and 24.  I know
there are a number of Haskellers that live in the Portland area, and I
suspect a few more may be going to OSCon.

Anyone interested in a Haskell gathering someplace?

-- John

Re: Portland & OSCon

Trevor Elliott-3
Hi John,

I'd certainly be interested in some sort of meeting.  What did you have
in mind?

--trevor

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 14:18 -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> OSCon is happening in Portland, OR starting 2 weeks from today, with
> probably the largest number of people there on July 23 and 24.  I know
> there are a number of Haskellers that live in the Portland area, and I
> suspect a few more may be going to OSCon.
>
> Anyone interested in a Haskell gathering someplace?
>
> -- John

Re: Portland & OSCon

John Goerzen-3
Trevor Elliott wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I'd certainly be interested in some sort of meeting.  What did you have
> in mind?

I don't really know.  I'm not from Portland, so I'm sort of hoping that
one of you local folks could take the lead on that.  It could be a bar,
restaurant, park (insert obligatory xkcd references here), BoF at OSCon
(I think those are open to the public), or whatever everyone seems to like.

-- John

Re: Portland & OSCon

wren ng thornton
John Goerzen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> OSCon is happening in Portland, OR starting 2 weeks from today, with
> probably the largest number of people there on July 23 and 24.  I know
> there are a number of Haskellers that live in the Portland area, and I
> suspect a few more may be going to OSCon.
>
> Anyone interested in a Haskell gathering someplace?
>
> -- John

I'm no longer a local, alas, but you may also want to send a mail/post
to the pdxfunc group: <http://groups.google.com/group/pdxfunc>. I'm not
sure how many of them on on here.

--
Live well,
~wren

Re: Portland & OSCon

Justin Bailey
The PDX functional programming interest group will have a dinner
meeting at the location below tonight. John Goerzen had asked if there
would be a Haskell get together in Portland during OSCON. Here is one
opportunity!

Let's just meet up there. If someone wants to do a reservation, they're
welcome to do so but please be sure to post to the list so everyone
knows to bring cash to pay you back for the single tab.

See you there.

-igal