Project proposal

Michael Litchard
Hi,
   All this chatter about the Summer of Code has inspired me to throw caution to the wind and become more committed to an idea I had for a Haskell project.
   I first thought to apply this to Python, but well, Haskell stole
   my heart. I wanted to throw the idea out there and see if anyone
   was interested in mentoring me through the process.
   I want to build a MUD engine written in Haskell with Haskell as the
   MUD development language. This is a great way to introduce kids to
   Haskell as their first programming language. And when they get bored
   and grow out of mudding, they will have knowledge of a real-world
   language instead of just a toy language particular to whatever MUD
   they were playing with.

   Getting a mentor, and completing the project is more important to me
   than officially becoming a Summer of Code project. But if they both
   happen then all the better. Any takers?

                                                Michael Litchard
                                                of Mission College
                                                Santa Clara , CA