Quantcast

Proposal: add clearEnv and setEnvironment to System.Posix.Env

Proposal: add clearEnv and setEnvironment to System.Posix.Env

Paolo Capriotti
Hi all,
System.Posix.Env doesn't currently define a binding for the POSIX
function clearenv. I propose to add:

clearEnv :: IO ()
setEnvironment :: [(String, String)] -> IO ()

'clearEnv' is a direct wrapper for the underlying function, while
'setEnvironment' is a higher-level utility function which mirrors the
interface of the existing 'getEnvironment'. See attached patches here:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5648.

Discussion deadline: 24 Mar 2012.

BR,
Paolo

Re: Proposal: add clearEnv and setEnvironment to System.Posix.Env

Paolo Capriotti
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Paolo Capriotti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> System.Posix.Env doesn't currently define a binding for the POSIX
> function clearenv. I propose to add:
>
> clearEnv :: IO ()
> setEnvironment :: [(String, String)] -> IO ()
>
> 'clearEnv' is a direct wrapper for the underlying function, while
> 'setEnvironment' is a higher-level utility function which mirrors the
> interface of the existing 'getEnvironment'. See attached patches here:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5648.
>
> Discussion deadline: 24 Mar 2012.

We are past the deadline, so, if there are no objections, I'll go
ahead and push my patches.

BR,
Paolo

Re: Proposal: add clearEnv and setEnvironment to System.Posix.Env

Evan Laforge
While you're doing this, could you submit my patch from here:

I don't have permission, and I'd almost totally forgotten about it.