RC timeline for 7.8 REDUX

Carter Schonwald
Hey Everyone,
what is the set of tasks left before we can do a 7.8 RC? Is it there are
some serious bugs that have been left unaddressed? Is there anything
preventing us from doing an RC sometime in the next two weeks?

 I understand certain type system related problems have been getting a bit
of polish over the past month or so, but if thats the blocker I'd like to
know so that when people ask I can point to a concrete reason.

I can only speak for myself, but theres been a pretty painful communication
gap about whats left before we hit RC, and whenever someone asks me "when
is 7.8 coming out, and how can i help make it happen on time?", I can only
reply with "no one knows" and "do stuff".

that said, happy holidays and preemptive happy new years to everyone!
-Carter
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

RC timeline for 7.8 REDUX

Richard Eisenberg-2
As someone CC'd on this email directly, I'll answer for myself: While I've benefited from the delay to fine-tune the behavior of certain bits & bobs, I didn't request the delay nor do I believe myself responsible for generating or needing to fix any "blocking" feature. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. From my vantage point, I'm ready to move to RC, and have been for some time.

Richard

On Dec 27, 2013, at 1:33 PM, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
> what is the set of tasks left before we can do a 7.8 RC? Is it there are some serious bugs that have been left unaddressed? Is there anything preventing us from doing an RC sometime in the next two weeks?
>
>  I understand certain type system related problems have been getting a bit of polish over the past month or so, but if thats the blocker I'd like to know so that when people ask I can point to a concrete reason.
>
> I can only speak for myself, but theres been a pretty painful communication gap about whats left before we hit RC, and whenever someone asks me "when is 7.8 coming out, and how can i help make it happen on time?", I can only reply with "no one knows" and "do stuff".
>
> that said, happy holidays and preemptive happy new years to everyone!
> -Carter

RC timeline for 7.8 REDUX

Carter Schonwald
gotcha. I didn't mean to imply any such responsibility,  i merely cc'd the
folks who i know have been actively hacking on stuff thats landing in 7.8
in the past monthish because they are more apt to be informed (one hopes :)
)

thanks!
-Carter