RE: Invalid object in isRetainer

Simon Marlow
On 04 December 2005 17:02, Joel Reymont wrote:

> ./randomplay +RTS -hr
> ... <- some time passes and then
>
> randomplay: internal error: Invalid object in isRetainer(): 67
>      Please report this as a bug to [hidden email],
>      or http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ghc/
>
> The combination of this and the failure with -hc -hbdrag,void is
> preventing me from optimizing the program and it has a huge space
> leak somewhere.

Retainer profiling (-hr) doesn't currently work with STM.  It is a bug,
but I briefly looked into it and it's not a trivial fix so I left it.
I'll file a ticket for it.

Re: Invalid object in isRetainer

Joel Reymont
So how do you profile for memory leaks then?

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

RE: Re: Invalid object in isRetainer

Simon Marlow
On 05 December 2005 15:29, Joel Reymont wrote:

> So how do you profile for memory leaks then?

Ordinary heap profiling (-hc) should work fine with STM.  The more
exotic kinds of heap profiling haven't been updated yet, so
unfortunately they're broken with STM right now.