RE: [core libraries] Re: Name for unary unboxed one-tuple

RE: [core libraries] Re: Name for unary unboxed one-tuple

GHC - devs mailing list

OK great, thanks.  Solo# is it.  Adding ghc-devs: would someone like to make a patch?

Simon

Re: [core libraries] Re: Name for unary unboxed one-tuple

David Feuer
One question I don't remember seeing resolved. Will we still be able to use the old data constructor syntax and (fully applied) type constructor syntax? These are used a good bit in the wild.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018, 1:34 PM Simon Peyton Jones via Libraries <[hidden email]> wrote:

OK great, thanks.  Solo# is it.  Adding ghc-devs: would someone like to make a patch?

Simon

RE: [core libraries] Re: Name for unary unboxed one-tuple

GHC - devs mailing list

You mean can you say (# Int #) and (# x #).  Yes, of course.  They would presumably be synonymous with (Solo# Int) and (Solo# x).   Just as (# Int, Bool #) is synonymous with (#,#) Int Bool etc.

Simon