REMINDER: HC&A Report (extended deadline: 15 May 2006)

REMINDER: HC&A Report (extended deadline: 15 May 2006)

Andres Loeh
Dear Haskellers,

the deadline for the May 2006 edition of the Haskell Communities
and Activities Report is only a few days away -- but this is still
enough time to make sure that the report contains a section on *your*
project, on the interesting stuff that you've been doing; using or
affecting Haskell in some way.

Many projects that have been included in former reports have not yet
updated their entries. Please have a look at the November 2005 edition
for reference.

* Has your project been listed in previous Reports, but is not yet
  updated? Please write a short update!

* Are you no longer working on a project that was included in the
  Report? Write up what you are working on instead, and tell me if
  someone else has picked up the project.

* Is some project you have heard about not included in any previous
  Report? Please let me know ...

There is still time to write a completely new entry, on a new
compiler, tool, library, company, user group, idea, ... -- as long as
there is a connection to the Haskell language, there is a place for it
in the Report!

I have slightly extended the deadline. Submissions are now due by next
Monday, that is

  15 May 2006.

Please mail your entries to <hcar at haskell dot org>, in plain text
or pseudo-(La)TeX format. More information can be found in the
original Call for Contributions at

  http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2006-April/017861.html

I look forward to receiving your contributions.

Thanks a lot,

  Andres (current editor)

--
Haskell Communities and Activities Report (http://haskell.org/communities)
05/2006 edition extended submission deadline: 15 May 2006 <[hidden email]>

Re: REMINDER: HC&A Report (extended deadline: 15 May 2006)

David Waern
> Dear Haskellers,
>
> the deadline for the May 2006 edition of the Haskell Communities
> and Activities Report is only a few days away -- but this is still
> enough time to make sure that the report contains a section on *your*
> project, on the interesting stuff that you've been doing; using or
> affecting Haskell in some way.
>
> Many projects that have been included in former reports have not yet
> updated their entries. Please have a look at the November 2005 edition
> for reference.
>
> * Has your project been listed in previous Reports, but is not yet
>   updated? Please write a short update!
>
> * Are you no longer working on a project that was included in the
>   Report? Write up what you are working on instead, and tell me if
>   someone else has picked up the project.
>
> * Is some project you have heard about not included in any previous
>   Report? Please let me know ...
>
> There is still time to write a completely new entry, on a new
> compiler, tool, library, company, user group, idea, ... -- as long as
> there is a connection to the Haskell language, there is a place for it
> in the Report!
>
> I have slightly extended the deadline. Submissions are now due by next
> Monday, that is
>
>   15 May 2006.

Hi,

If you would extend the deadline to sometime after May 23, when the
accepted Haskell.org SoC applications are revealed, you could perhaps get
a lot of new projects to the list.

/David

Re: REMINDER: HC&A Report (extended deadline: 15 May 2006)

Andres Loeh-2
> If you would extend the deadline to sometime after May 23, when the
> accepted Haskell.org SoC applications are revealed, you could perhaps get
> a lot of new projects to the list.

I would rather not do this. It is already later than in the previous
years for the May edition, and due to other commitments, I definitely
want to get the Report released before the end of May (and it usually
needs at least a week, if not more, after the deadline, to go through
all the submissions).

The next Report is already in November, and will be a perfect
opportunity to report on all the SoC projects.

For this issue, I would propose that someone writes a summary of
haskell.org's SoC participation (please!), which could possibly
include a list of the accepted projects (I don't think it would be a
problem to include such a list on very short notice into an already
submitted article, and it is unlikely that the Report will actually
appear before May 23 for the abovementioned reasons).

Cheers,
  Andres