Re: [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.4.1-rc1 available

Ben Gamari-3
Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:

> The GHC development team is pleased to announce the first (and likely
> final) release candidate of GHC 8.4.1. The usual release artifacts are
> available from
> This release will likely be the last release before the final 8.4.1
> release, which, if things go well, will be released one week from today.
It has come to my attention that the fix for #14675 has broken
`configure`'s `--disable-ld-override` flag. I have a fix [1] which will
be applied to the final release. In the meantime, if you need to use this
flag please define the `LD_NO_GOLD` environment variable to point to a
non-gold linker when invoking `configure`. For instance,

    ./configure --disable-ld-override LD_NO_GOLD=ld.bfd

- Ben