Re: [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.4.2 released

Wolfgang Jeltsch-3
Am Donnerstag, den 19.04.2018, 20:01 -0400 schrieb Ben Gamari:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The GHC team is pleased to announce the availability of GHC 8.4.2. The
> source distribution, binary distributions, and documentation for this
> release are available at
>
>     https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.4.2
>
> This release is a bug-fix release, fixing numerous regressions and
> bugs present in GHC 8.4.1. These include:
>
>  * A regression resulting in some uses of `Control.Exception.evaluate`
>    to be inappropriately optimised away (see #13930)
>
>  * A regression resulting in segmentation faults of programs compiled
>    with profiling (#14705)
>
>  * A bug causing runtime system panics while running programs with
>    retainer profiling (#14947)
>
>  * The configure scripts now accepts a `--disable-dtrace` option,
>    again allowing GHC to be bootstrapped on FreeBSD (#15040)
>
>  * The version number of the `base` package has been bumped to
>    4.11.1.0 to reflect the addition of the `GHC.IO.FixIOException`
>    type. This interface was added in 8.4.1 but the version bump was
>    missed due to an oversight.
>
>  * Support for DWARF debug information has been significantly improved
>    (#14894, #14779)
>
> A more thorough list of the changes in this release can be found in
> the release notes,
>
>   https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.4.2/docs/html/users_guide/8.4.2-notes.html

What about #15005? It is closed as fixed but not mentioned in the
release notes.

All the best,
Wolfgang

Re: [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.4.2 released

Mikolaj Konarski-2
> What about #15005? It is closed as fixed but not mentioned in the
> release notes.

The fix was merged and included in the release. It's on the list of commits at
https://github.com/ghc/ghc/commits/ghc-8.4.2-release

* In Exitify, zap idInfo of abstracted variables (fixes #15005)

Cheers,
Mikolaj

Re: [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.4.2 released

Ben Gamari-2
Wolfgang Jeltsch <[hidden email]> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, den 19.04.2018, 20:01 -0400 schrieb Ben Gamari:
>> Hello everyone,

> What about #15005? It is closed as fixed but not mentioned in the
> release notes.

Sigh, yes, it looks like I missed that one in the release notes.

Nevertheless, the issue should be fixed.

Cheers,

- Ben

Am Freitag, den 20.04.2018, 13:58 -0400 schrieb Ben Gamari:
> Wolfgang Jeltsch <[hidden email]> writes:
> > What about #15005? It is closed as fixed but not mentioned in the
> > release notes.
>
> Sigh, yes, it looks like I missed that one in the release notes.
>
> Nevertheless, the issue should be fixed.

Yes, it looks fine: the order-maintenance package can be compiled with
GHC 8.4.2.

All the best,
Wolfgang