> On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 7:23 PM Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> The GHC team is happy to announce the release of GHC 8.10.3. Source
>> and binary distributions are available at the usual place:
>> https://downloads.haskell.org/ghc/8.10.3/ >
> There doesn't seem to be a ghc-8.10.3-release tag in
> the [hidden email]:ghc/ghc.git repository. Shouldn't there be?
GHC 8.10.3 fixes a number of issues in present in GHC 8.10.2 including:
* Numerous stability improves on Windows
* More robust support for architectures with weak memory ordering
guarantees (e.g. modern ARM hardware).
* GHC can now split dynamic objects to accomodate macOS' RPATH size
limitation when building large projects (#14444)
* Several correctness bugs in the new low-latency garbage collector
* Many, many other bug-fixes
Note that at the moment we still require that macOS Catalina users
exempt the binary distribution from the notarization requirement by
running `xattr -cr .` on the unpacked tree before running `make install`.
This situation will hopefully be improved for GHC 9.0.1 with the
resolution of #17418 .