Quantcast

Re: Call to arms: lambda-case is stuck and needs your help (fwd)

Re: Call to arms: lambda-case is stuck and needs your help (fwd)

Henning Thielemann

I want to vote, too.

I am ok with all of

   case of

   \case

   \of

   \case of

For me single arguments are enough. We already have this restriction for 'case'
and I can work around it simply by wrapping arguments in pairs temporarily (cf.
curry $ \case ...).

I vote against LambdaIf, since if-then-else is already unnecessary and can be
written by ifThenElse, and LambdaIf is just ifThenElse with different parameter
order.

I vote against MultiCaseIf since it can be simply achieved by

ifThenElse b1 a1 $
ifThenElse b2 a2 $
ifThenElse b3 a3 $
a4