Re: GHC 6.8.1 and HDirect

Olivier Boudry
On 11/21/07, Fernand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi dear fellow ghc users,

I simply wanted to let people know that I apparently succeeded in
compiling  a patched version of HDirect with GHC 6.8.1 (with typelibs
support).
At least, I could compile some of the examples and had very simple test
programs launch/connect to Word and Excel using automation. I lack time
to really clean up the library (I did not made any Cabal patch and
modules), but feel free to contact me if you need some help to use
hdirect with GHC 6.8.1.

Sincerely yours,

sL

Hi Fernand,

Congratulations! I once tried to compile HDirect with GHC 6.6.1 but finally stopped trying after having made a bunch of unsuccessful modifications. It's just too bad this library is no more maintained. Having a clean and maintained COM interface would be really valuable for Haskell.

I would be interested in getting the patches for compiling HDirect with GHC 6.8.1.

Cheers,

Olivier.