Re: GenerateManpage.hs license

Francesco Ariis
On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 12:48:22PM +0300, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:
> Hello, XMonad community.
>
> As member of debian haskell group (cc-ed) I encountered licensing
> issue with file 'util/GenerateManpage.hs'. It's header says that it
> is GPL-licensed, but do not specify which one.
>
> Would you be so kind to clarify this issue, preferable in upstream
> repository, specifying something more precise, like GPL-3+.

The dependency being Pandoc, which is licenced "GNU General Public
License version 2 or later".

I attach a git patch with the appropriate changes.

0001-Clarified-the-licence-of-GenerateManpage-dep.-pandoc.patch (834 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: GenerateManpage.hs license

Brent Yorgey
Thanks, applied!