Re: [Haskell] Google SoC: Software Transactional Memory for Parrot

Re: [Haskell] Google SoC: Software Transactional Memory for Parrot

John Meacham
On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 08:29:21AM -0700, Jared Updike wrote:
> >Am I the only one whose first instinct upon reading this is "EW!"?
>
> You are not the only one, judging from my own experience. I made my
> own sort of algebraic datatypes / abstract datatypes in C# by using
> Enums and Objects and runtime casts. It works, but the code itself is
> hairy. I guess the good news is that once I built the ADT the---in my
> case, ugly---implementation is hidden.

When I first started using Haskell Sather was my language of choice. As
I learned Haskell and all it's cool features I kept wanting to
"backport" them to Sather... Algebraic data types was one of the things
I proposed to the sather community, a wacky idea for an OO language of
sathers heritage. but it was not long after then that I realized I
should just be using Haskell to begin with and redirected my efforts
here. :)

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈