Re: [Haskell] more newbie questions regarding do syntax, mondic context & Data.HashTable

Re: [Haskell] more newbie questions regarding do syntax, mondic context & Data.HashTable

Jean-Philippe Bernardy
On 12/29/05, Hunter Kelly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi there, I'm having some trouble trying to get information out
> of a HashTable.
>
> I'm using it to represent a set (I'm using a hash table for O(1)
> speed reasons to compare against Data.Sets O(lgN) operations).

I don't think anyone has ever asked for a "pure" version of the
hashtable. (It could be frozen and thawed in the same fashion as
Arrays are). Maybe someone has written something like that and is
willing to share?

On the other hand, it's entirely possible that you can get away with
either Data.Map or saying within the IO monad.

Cheers,
JP.

Re: [Haskell] more newbie questions regarding do syntax, mondic context & Data.HashTable

Hunter Kelly
Well, in this case, I want to see what the speed difference is between
the O(lgN) operations from Data.Set vs. the O(1) of the HashTable type.
(Assuming I'm able to get it working - grr!)

A "pure" O(1) hashtable/map/whatever would sure be handy!