Re: Integrating external dependencies with stack

Re: Integrating external dependencies with stack

Noel Kwan
I am trying to use stack to build a web scraper with scalpel. However, it requires curl-1.8.0 as a dependency and I have no clue how to integrate this dependency. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Integrating external dependencies with stack

Sylvain Henry-2

Hi,

There is no version 1.8.0 for curl on Hackage: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/curl

If you want to use version 1.3.8 (the latest one), add an extra dep into "stack.yaml":

extra-deps:
- curl-1.3.8

You also have to add a dependency on "curl" into "package.yaml" (if you use hpack) or "yourpackage.cabal" (if you don't).

Cheers,
Sylvain