Re: Taking over maintainership of bitvec

Re: Taking over maintainership of bitvec

Viktor Dukhovni
> On Jan 16, 2019, at 3:26 PM, Andrew Lelechenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would like to take over `bitvec` package
> (https://hackage.haskell.org/package/bitvec).
>
> Unfortunately, the source code has not been updated for years and the
> test suite does not build nowadays. There are also known issues. I
> have prepared patches and tried to reach its maintainer James Cook
> (cced) by email, but have not heard back.

If you do (good luck!), I hope you might find a bit of time for less
terse documentation, adding some expository text about the module
in general above the brief per-function descriptions, and ideally
a few code snippets illustrating usage.

Many a library, and I think this one among them, has documentation
that is much too anaemic.

--
        Viktor.