Re: Taking over maintainership of cautious-file (or does anyone know of an alternative?)

Re: Taking over maintainership of cautious-file (or does anyone know of an alternative?)

Oleg Grenrus

Based on https://packdeps.haskellers.com/reverse/cautious-file the only other dependency is tbox, which haven't been updated since 2010.

I think we don't need to wait very long on this, yet https://github.com/greenrd have been active in the past year, hopefully these emails reach him.

- Oleg

On 13.2.2020 13.48, Brent Yorgey wrote:
The cautious-file package

has not been updated by the maintainer, Robin Green, since 2013 (though there have been a few Hackage trustee updates since then).  The linked source repository was hosted on patch-tag.com and no longer exists.  I tried contacting the maintainer on January 25 but have not heard back.

I hereby announce my intention to take over as maintainer of the package.  (As a side note, as far as I know my diagrams-haddock package is the only thing on Hackage that  depends on it.)

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a different, actively maintained package that provides similar functionality, I'd love to hear about it!

-Brent