Re: letter?

Simon Peyton Jones
Did someone forget to renew www.haskell.org?  Who does this?

Also plain http://haskell.org/ used to work, but doesn't any more.

I'm sure lots of people have noticed this, but it'd be good if someone posted a summary of what's being done about it.

Re: letter?

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
On 17 December 2010 22:39, Simon Peyton-Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Did someone forget to renew www.haskell.org?  Who does this?
>
> Also plain http://haskell.org/ used to work, but doesn't any more.
>
> I'm sure lots of people have noticed this, but it'd be good if someone posted a summary of what's being done about it.

Both work fine here (just checked)...

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
[hidden email]

Re: letter?

Dave Hinton
Not working for me. I get a Network Solutions holding page.

Whois indicates that Network Solutions are holding haskell.org pending
renewal or deletion. http://www.whois.net/whois/haskell.org

On 17 December 2010 11:49, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17 December 2010 22:39, Simon Peyton-Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Did someone forget to renew www.haskell.org?  Who does this?
>>
>> Also plain http://haskell.org/ used to work, but doesn't any more.
>>
>> I'm sure lots of people have noticed this, but it'd be good if someone posted a summary of what's being done about it.
>
> Both work fine here (just checked)...
>
> --
> Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
> [hidden email]
> IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

Re: letter?

Dmitry Astapov-2
My guess is that more people would be affecting as DNS changes propagate. Right now some of the users are still getting "old" IP from not-yet-affected DNS servers.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 17 December 2010 22:39, Simon Peyton-Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Did someone forget to renew www.haskell.org?  Who does this?
>>
>> Also plain http://haskell.org/ used to work, but doesn't any more.
>>
>> I'm sure lots of people have noticed this, but it'd be good if someone posted a summary of what's being done about it.
>
> Both work fine here (just checked)...
>
> --
> Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
> [hidden email]
> IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

Dmitry Astapov

Re: letter?

Ketil Malde-5
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <[hidden email]> writes:

>> Did someone forget to renew www.haskell.org?  Who does this?

I'm not sure how we can find out who was previously registered.

>> Also plain http://haskell.org/ used to work, but doesn't any more.

> Both work fine here (just checked)...

They both point to the same page Network Solutions page for me - if it's
different, it's probably just a DNS caching effect.

>> I'm sure lots of people have noticed this, but it'd be good if
>> someone posted a summary of what's being done about it.

It seems the MX record is gone too, so I guess mail to the lists will
fail shortly as well.

-k

Re: letter?

Malcolm Wallace-2

On 17 Dec 2010, at 11:39, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

> Did someone forget to renew www.haskell.org?  Who does this?
>
> Also plain http://haskell.org/ used to work, but doesn't any more.
>
> I'm sure lots of people have noticed this, but it'd be good if
> someone posted a summary of what's being done about it.

The domain has not expired - it is not due for another year, but
Network Solutions has clearly decided it is not sure of its status.
The person in charge of haskell.org's DNS is Paul Heinlein, at
Galois.  Igloo mailed him, but we will need to wait until the West
Coast wakes up, before he can restore the DNS service.

Regards,
     Malcolm

Re: letter?

Don Stewart-2
malcolm.wallace:

> On 17 Dec 2010, at 11:39, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
>
>> Did someone forget to renew www.haskell.org?  Who does this?
>>
>> Also plain http://haskell.org/ used to work, but doesn't any more.
>>
>> I'm sure lots of people have noticed this, but it'd be good if someone
>> posted a summary of what's being done about it.
>
> The domain has not expired - it is not due for another year, but Network
> Solutions has clearly decided it is not sure of its status.  The person
> in charge of haskell.org's DNS is Paul Heinlein, at Galois.  Igloo mailed
> him, but we will need to wait until the West Coast wakes up, before he
> can restore the DNS service.

We're on it.

Re: letter?

Diego Souza-5
$ whois might give us a clue:

Domain ID:D495475-LROR
Domain Name:HASKELL.ORG
Created On:12-Dec-1996 05:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:17-Dec-2010 16:46:40 UTC
Expiration Date:11-Dec-2013 05:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:RENEWPERIOD
Status:AUTORENEWPERIOD
Registrant ID:23094698-NSI
Registrant Name:YaleUniversityComputer Science Department Haskell Group
Registrant Organization:YaleUniversityComputer Science Department Haskell Group
Registrant Street1:51 Prospect St 308a AKW Mail S
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:New Haven
Registrant State/Province:CT
Registrant Postal Code:06520-8285
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9999999999
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant [hidden email]
Admin ID:43349120-NSI
Admin Name:Galois, Inc
Admin Organization:Galois, Inc
Admin Street1:421 SW 6th Ave
Admin Street2:Suite 300
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Beaverton
Admin State/Province:OR
Admin Postal Code:97204
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.5036266616
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Tech ID:43349120-NSI
Tech Name:Galois, Inc
Tech Organization:Galois, Inc
Tech Street1:421 SW 6th Ave
Tech Street2:Suite 300
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Beaverton
Tech State/Province:OR
Tech Postal Code:97204
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.5036266616
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Name Server:NS1.FIRST-NS.DE
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Unsigned

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Ketil Malde <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <[hidden email]> writes:

>> Did someone forget to renew www.haskell.org?  Who does this?

I'm not sure how we can find out who was previously registered.

>> Also plain http://haskell.org/ used to work, but doesn't any more.

> Both work fine here (just checked)...

They both point to the same page Network Solutions page for me - if it's
different, it's probably just a DNS caching effect.

>> I'm sure lots of people have noticed this, but it'd be good if
>> someone posted a summary of what's being done about it.

It seems the MX record is gone too, so I guess mail to the lists will
fail shortly as well.

-k

~dsouza
yahoo!im: paravinicius
gpg key fingerprint: 71B8 CE21 3A6E F894 5B1B  9ECE F88E 067F E891 651E
gpg pub key: http://bitforest.org/~dsouza/pub/gpg-pubkey.txt
authorized_keys: http://bitforest.org/~dsouza/pub/authorized_keys.txt

Re: letter?

Brian Troutwine-2
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Don Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> malcolm.wallace:
>>
>> On 17 Dec 2010, at 11:39, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
>>
>>> Did someone forget to renew www.haskell.org?  Who does this?
>>>
>>> Also plain http://haskell.org/ used to work, but doesn't any more.
>>>
>>> I'm sure lots of people have noticed this, but it'd be good if someone
>>> posted a summary of what's being done about it.
>>
>> The domain has not expired - it is not due for another year, but Network
>> Solutions has clearly decided it is not sure of its status.  The person
>> in charge of haskell.org's DNS is Paul Heinlein, at Galois.  Igloo mailed
>> him, but we will need to wait until the West Coast wakes up, before he
>> can restore the DNS service.
>
> We're on it.

How did this turn out? I'm still getting the place-holder page here on
the East Coast.

Re: letter?

Don Stewart-2
brian:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Don Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > malcolm.wallace:

> >> The domain has not expired - it is not due for another year, but Network
> >> Solutions has clearly decided it is not sure of its status.  The person
> >> in charge of haskell.org's DNS is Paul Heinlein, at Galois.  Igloo mailed
> >> him, but we will need to wait until the West Coast wakes up, before he
> >> can restore the DNS service.
> >
> > We're on it.
>
> How did this turn out? I'm still getting the place-holder page here on
> the East Coast.

It's been resolved. Everyone's DNS service should update over the next
24 hours.

As far as we can tell, the problem was due to internal Network Solutions
issues, and nothing haskell.org could have done.

-- Don