Re: taking over `bitvec`, `gamma`, `hs-hd5f` etc.

Re: taking over `bitvec`, `gamma`, `hs-hd5f` etc.

Marco Zocca
Hi all,

  I had also tried recently to contact James Cook regarding
maintainership of `gamma` (https://github.com/mokus0/gamma/pull/4) and
three years ago about `hs-hdf5`
(https://github.com/mokus0/hs-hdf5/issues/4#issuecomment-244511986)
but he seldom checks email and github issues it seems.

First of all, I hope he is well, and second, I once more volunteer to
help with the maintenance of these packages.

Best,
Marco

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Taking over maintainership of bitvec (Andrew Lelechenko)
>
> I would like to take over `bitvec` package
> (https://hackage.haskell.org/package/bitvec).
>
> Unfortunately, the source code has not been updated for years and the
> test suite does not build nowadays. There are also known issues. I
> have prepared patches and tried to reach its maintainer James Cook
> (cced) by email, but have not heard back.
>
> There was a takeover of another James' package in October 2018
> (https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2018-October/029062.html).
> In that case James appeared to be out of reach.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrew

RE: taking over `bitvec`, `gamma`, `hs-hd5f` etc.

Alexandre Rodrigues

Hello Marco,

Following this message, I have requested maintainership of `gamma`, and this week it was given to me. If you want to work together on the project, please reach out. I have forked the repository, and will begin working on it soon.