Quantcast

Ready for v0.13?

Peter Jones
It's been almost a year since we released v0.12 (which had an
unfortunate struts bug).  We should have done this a long time ago but
better late than never.

With my favorite holiday behind us, I have some spare time I could use
to drive another release.  But I'm going to need everyone's help.

I'd like to close as many issues and pull requests as we can before
making a release.  And of course, getting master tested before the
release would be a good idea too ;)

Want to help?  Pick one or more of the following:

  1. Look through the list of pull requests and find one that sounds
     interesting to you.  Merge it into your local xmonad and try it
     out:

        https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad/pulls

        https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/pulls

  2. Look through the list of issues and:

     a) Add a comment with more details if the bug is also affecting you
     b) If you think you can fix it, add a comment and then get working!

  3. If you are interested in testing master before the release please
     let us know so we can start a dialog.

What if you want to help but don't know how to build xmonad from source,
or don't know how to use git?  No problem!  Reach out to me, I'd be more
than happy to help you out.  Either post a message to this mailing list,
send me a direct email, or reach out to me on IRC, I'm pmade on #xmonad
(on freenode).  (We probably need a CONTRIBUTING.md file in the repo.  I
can work on that too.)

I love xmonad and I know a lot of you do too.  Let's make v0.13 a good
release and make future releases easier.

Thanks!

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code

Re: Ready for v0.13?

Peter Jones
Peter Jones <[hidden email]> writes:
> I'd like to close as many issues and pull requests as we can before
> making a release.  And of course, getting master tested before the
> release would be a good idea too ;)

Update on v0.13:

I've identified issues and PRs that will be included in v0.13.  This
isn't an absolutely complete list, just a line in the sand to help
prevent feature creep and get the next release out the door.

  https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad/milestones/v0.13

  https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/milestones/v0.13

Also, I have assigned myself to issues/PRs that I will be working on
over the next couple of weeks.  For any issues that don't have someone
assigned, please consider assigning yourself if you have time.

I'd like to aim for a release date sometime during the week of January
30.  If there are still open issues with a v0.13 milestone by then we'll
have to figure out if we want to remove those issues from the milestone
or push the release back.