Reducing # of context switches

Joel Reymont
Folks,

The latest GHC docs mention that the -C option takes a seconds value
whereas prior docs mention microseconds. Which is it?

Also, do I pass +RTS -Cxxx or is it just -C?

        Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

RE: Reducing # of context switches

Simon Marlow
On 17 November 2005 00:17, Joel Reymont wrote:

> The latest GHC docs mention that the -C option takes a seconds value
> whereas prior docs mention microseconds. Which is it?
>
> Also, do I pass +RTS -Cxxx or is it just -C?

It is in seconds, eg. +RTS -C0.5 for switches every half a second.  I've
just fixed and cleaned up the docs a bit.