[Reminder] Merge window for 8.10 closing

[Reminder] Merge window for 8.10 closing

Ben Gamari-3
Hello everyone,

As described on the GHC status page [1] the freeze for GHC 8.10 is coming up
shortly. If you have work that you would like to get into 8.10 and
haven't yet opened an MR you should either do so today or be in touch
with me.

After this freeze begins there will be approximately a week of reduced
merge rate to let the master branch settle before the branch, which
could happen as early as early next week.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/milestones/54?title=8.10.1

Re: [Reminder] Merge window for 8.10 closing

Matthew Pickering
I have two patches which need to be merged.

1. ghc-debug patch - currently blocked on concurrent GC getting
merged, is that going to happen?
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/merge_requests/1435
2. Time profiling eventlog events (finished & unblocked) -
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/merge_requests/1927

Cheers,

Matt

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 5:59 PM Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> As described on the GHC status page [1] the freeze for GHC 8.10 is coming up
> shortly. If you have work that you would like to get into 8.10 and
> haven't yet opened an MR you should either do so today or be in touch
> with me.
>
> After this freeze begins there will be approximately a week of reduced
> merge rate to let the master branch settle before the branch, which
> could happen as early as early next week.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Ben
>

> [1] https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/milestones/54?title=8.10.1

Re: [Reminder] Merge window for 8.10 closing

Ryan Scott
I've been working on a fix for #13154 [1] that I'd like to get into GHC 8.10. My patch [2] is mostly done; I just need to find the time to add comments and perform some slight code cleanup. (Hopefully this week!)

Ryan S.
-----