Renaming a package on Hackage

Jeff Heard
How does one go about renaming a package on Hackage?  I finally
figured out a name for Thingie, and I'd like to change the package
name to reflect that, so that future versions look to the new package
and not the old one.

Re: Renaming a package on Hackage

Gwern Branwen

Re: Renaming a package on Hackage

Ross Paterson
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 10:45:31AM -0500, Jeff Heard wrote:
> How does one go about renaming a package on Hackage?  I finally
> figured out a name for Thingie, and I'd like to change the package
> name to reflect that, so that future versions look to the new package
> and not the old one.

If you upload the new one, I can mark the old ones as superseded by it.