Resource-recommendation

nikhil kaushik
Hello,
I have just started learning Haskell and I am really enjoying it. As I do not have a good mathematical background and a little experience with programming in general,
which book is recommended for me? I started learning haskell from LYAH website and I completed 6 chapters but there are no exercises in that book so I want a book which
is beginner friendly and has exercises.
Please recommended some books considering my situation.

Thank you

--
~Nikhil Kaushik

Re: Resource-recommendation

sasa bogicevic
Hello Nikhil,
I found this to be a really good book http://haskellbook.com/

{
name: Bogicevic Sasa
phone: +381606006200
}

On Nov 13, 2017, at 12:00, nikhil kaushik <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,
I have just started learning Haskell and I am really enjoying it. As I do not have a good mathematical background and a little experience with programming in general,
which book is recommended for me? I started learning haskell from LYAH website and I completed 6 chapters but there are no exercises in that book so I want a book which
is beginner friendly and has exercises.
Please recommended some books considering my situation.

Thank you

--
~Nikhil Kaushik

Re: Resource-recommendation

Francesco Ariis
On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 04:30:29PM +0530, nikhil kaushik wrote:
> which book is recommended for me?

Hi Nikhil,

    CIS 194 [1] has plenty of exercises, very well written and
free of charge

[1] http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~cis194/fall16/

Re: Resource-recommendation

Frerich Raabe
On 2017-11-13 12:00, nikhil kaushik wrote:
> Please recommended some books considering my situation.

I very much recommend Graham Hutton's "Programming in Haskell", see

   http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~pszgmh/pih.html

--
Frerich Raabe - [hidden email]
www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing

Re: Resource-recommendation

Steven Leiva
Chris Allen (co-author of Haskell From First Principles) has a post regarding exactly this question.

Don't get too bogged down in the details. The only reason I bring it up is because he suggests the spring 13 version of CIS 194. Haven't taken either though (and maybe he just hasn't seen the new one??).

- Steven

On 2017-11-13 12:00, nikhil kaushik wrote:

> Please recommended some books considering my situation.

I very much recommend Graham Hutton's "Programming in Haskell", see

http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~pszgmh/pih.html

--

Frerich Raabe - [hidden email]

www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing

Steven Leiva
305.528.6038
[hidden email]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevenleiva

Re: Resource-recommendation

Fabien R
On 13/11/2017 12:00, nikhil kaushik wrote:
> Hello,
> I have just started learning Haskell and I am really enjoying it. As I do
> not have a good mathematical background and a little experience with
> programming in general,
Since you have a math background, this book may suit:
The Haskell Road to Logic, Math and Programming

--
Fabien