Restructuring hsSyn

Shayan Najd Javadipour-2
Currently AST declarations, their relate utilities, and `Outputable` instances are defined in the same files.
Does anyone object to moving `Outputable` instances to separate files?
The purpose is to gradually identify reusable functionalities, group them together, polish them (e.g., remove some unnecessary dependencies), and expose them to the end-users.
At this stage, I don't expect any changes outside hsSyn.

/Shayan

RE: Restructuring hsSyn

GHC - devs mailing list

I don’t object.   (They’d be orphan instances, so the interface file will always be loaded; but that’s probably ok.

Re: Restructuring hsSyn

Ben Gamari-2
Shayan Najd <[hidden email]> writes:

> Currently AST declarations, their relate utilities, and `Outputable`
> instances are defined in the same files.
> Does anyone object to moving `Outputable` instances to separate files?
> The purpose is to gradually identify reusable functionalities, group them
> together, polish them (e.g., remove some unnecessary dependencies), and
> expose them to the end-users.
> At this stage, I don't expect any changes outside hsSyn.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Cheers,

- Ben