Reverse of -ddump-splices

Markus Läll-2
Hi list!

Is it so that there is no reverse for -ddump-splices? In ghci I can
set it with :set -ddump-splices and it turns on, but adding "no" to
the flag appears not to work.

Found this
https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/flags.html
so probably there is no reverse?

--
Markus Läll

Re: Reverse of -ddump-splices

Haskell - Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Hi Markus!

Does

  :unset --ddump-splices

work?

Am Fr., 1. Nov. 2019 um 15:33 Uhr schrieb Markus Läll <[hidden email]>:

> Hi list!
>
> Is it so that there is no reverse for -ddump-splices? In ghci I can
> set it with :set -ddump-splices and it turns on, but adding "no" to
> the flag appears not to work.
>
> Found this
> https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/flags.html
> so probably there is no reverse?
>
> --
> Markus Läll

Re: Reverse of -ddump-splices

Markus Läll-2
Hi Simon -- great idea, but unfortunately not. :)

$ :unset -ddump-splices
$ don't know how to reverse -ddump-splices

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Simon Jakobi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Markus!
>
> Does
>
>   :unset --ddump-splices
>
> work?
>
> Am Fr., 1. Nov. 2019 um 15:33 Uhr schrieb Markus Läll <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi list!
> >
> > Is it so that there is no reverse for -ddump-splices? In ghci I can
> > set it with :set -ddump-splices and it turns on, but adding "no" to
> > the flag appears not to work.
> >
> > Found this
> > https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/flags.html
> > so probably there is no reverse?
> >
> > --
> > Markus Läll

Markus Läll

Re: Reverse of -ddump-splices

Richard Eisenberg-5
There should be a way to reverse that. Post a bug! :)

> On Nov 1, 2019, at 2:32 PM, Markus Läll <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi list!
>
> Is it so that there is no reverse for -ddump-splices? In ghci I can
> set it with :set -ddump-splices and it turns on, but adding "no" to
> the flag appears not to work.
>
> Found this
> https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/flags.html
> so probably there is no reverse?
>
> --
> Markus Läll

Re: Reverse of -ddump-splices

Markus Läll-2

I wonder what the difficulty of implementing this is for a complete ghc noob (but not to haskell)?

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 6:42 PM Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
There should be a way to reverse that. Post a bug! :)

> On Nov 1, 2019, at 2:32 PM, Markus Läll <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi list!
>
> Is it so that there is no reverse for -ddump-splices? In ghci I can
> set it with :set -ddump-splices and it turns on, but adding "no" to
> the flag appears not to work.
>
> Found this
> https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/flags.html
> so probably there is no reverse?
>
> --
> Markus Läll

Markus Läll

Re: Reverse of -ddump-splices

Richard Eisenberg-5
You'll probably have a harder time just getting GHC building than actually adding the feature. Start in https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/blob/master/compiler/main/DynFlags.hs and follow your nose. :)

Richard

On Nov 18, 2019, at 3:27 PM, Markus Läll <[hidden email]> wrote:

I wonder what the difficulty of implementing this is for a complete ghc noob (but not to haskell)?

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 6:42 PM Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
There should be a way to reverse that. Post a bug! :)

> On Nov 1, 2019, at 2:32 PM, Markus Läll <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi list!
>
> Is it so that there is no reverse for -ddump-splices? In ghci I can
> set it with :set -ddump-splices and it turns on, but adding "no" to
> the flag appears not to work.
>
> Found this
> https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/flags.html
> so probably there is no reverse?
>
> --
> Markus Läll

Markus Läll

Re: Reverse of -ddump-splices

Tom Ellis-5
And as a new contributor to GHC over the past few weeks I found the
onboarding process straightforward, so don't be intimidated!