SPLASH 2017: 1st Call for Participation

SPLASH Publicity
October 22-27, 2017
Vancouver, Canada

The ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Systems, Programming, Languages and Applications:
Software for Humanity (SPLASH) embraces all aspects of software construction,
to make it the premier conference at the intersection of programming,
languages, and software engineering.

# Registration

 * 22 September 2017 (Early Deadline)
 * Contact: [hidden email]
 * http://2017.splashcon.org/attending/registration

# What's Happening at SPLASH?

## Keynotes

 * Lera Boroditsky (Onward!)
   How the languages we speak shape the way we think

 * Danny Dig (GPCE)
   The landscape of refactoring research in the last decade

 * Chris Granger (SPLASH)
   Eve: tackling a giant with a change in perspective

 * Crista Lopes (SPLASH)
   Objects in the age of data

 * Peter D. Mosses (SLE)
   Engineering meta-languages for specifying software languages

 * Filip Pizlo (DLS)
   The JavaScriptCore Virtual Machine

## Workshop Keynotes

 * Nada Amin (Meta)
 * Phil Bernstein (AGERE!)
 * Luke Church (LIVE)
 * Ron Garcia (DSLDI)
 * Sumit Gulwani (PLATEAU)
 * Norm Hardy (OCAP)
 * Reid Holmes (CoCos)
 * Julia Rubin (FOSD)
 * Karan Singh (SAVR)
 * Mario Wolczko (VMIL)

## Conference Program

 * https://2017.splashcon.org/program/program-splash-2017

SPLASH-I is a series of research and industry talks, demos, and panels that
address topics relevant to the SPLASH community. The SPLASH-I series is held in
parallel with the OOPSLA main track. Talks are open to all attendees.

 * https://2017.splashcon.org/track/splash-2017-SPLASH-I#program

## Research Tracks and Co-Located Conferences and Symposia

 * Onward! Essays

 * Onward! Papers

 * GPCE - Generative Programming: Concepts and Experience

 * SLE - Software Language Engineering

 * DLS - Dynamic Languages Symposium

 * Scala Symposium

## Workshops

SPLASH 2017 is hosting a record number of 18 workshops this year.

 * AGERE! - Programming based on Actors, Agents, and Decentralized Control

 * CoCoS - Comprehension of Complex Systems

 * DSLDI - Domain-Specific Languages Design and Implementation

 * Escaped - Escaped from the Lab

 * FOSD - Feature-Oriented Software Development

 * LIVE - Live Programming

 * Meta - Meta-Programming Techniques and Reflection

 * NJR - National Java Resource

 * NOOL - New Object-Oriented Languages

 * OCAP - Object-Capability Languages, Systems, and Applications

 * PLATEAU - Evaluation and Usability of Programming Languages and Tools

 * PX/17.2 - Programming Experience

 * Parsing - Parsing@SLE

 * REBLS - Reactive and Event-Based Languages and Systems

 * SAVR - Software for Augmented Virtual Reality

 * SEPS - Software Engineering for Parallel Systems

 * VMIL - Virtual Machines and Intermediate Languages

 * WODA - Workshop on Dynamic Analysis

## Other Events

 * Doctoral Symposium

 * PL Mentoring Workshop

 * Posters

 * Student Research Competition

# Supporters

SPLASH is kindly supported by the following organizations:

 * ACM: http://www.acm.org/
 * SIGPLAN: http://www.sigplan.org/
 * Facebook (Silver): https://research.facebook.com/
 * LLVM Foundation (Silver): https://llvm.org/foundation/index.html
 * Mozilla (Silver): https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
 * Raincode Labs (Silver): https://www.raincodelabs.com/
 * Microsoft Research (Bronze): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/

Interested in supporting SPLASH 2017? See our support options here:
Haskell mailing list
[hidden email]