Segmentation faults of bootstrap compiler?

Segmentation faults of bootstrap compiler?

Ben Gamari-3
Hello everyone,

Earlier this week there was a commit (perhaps
ef26182e2014b0a2a029ae466a4b121bf235e4e4) which appears to trigger
segmentation faults of the stage 0 compiler (GHC 8.2.1) during
validation on Harbormaster (e.g. [1]). Unfortunately I've been unable to
reproduce this reliably. Has anyone else observed this in their own
environment?

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://phabricator.haskell.org/harbormaster/build/35554/

Re: Segmentation faults of bootstrap compiler?

Ben Gamari-3
Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Earlier this week there was a commit (perhaps
> ef26182e2014b0a2a029ae466a4b121bf235e4e4) which appears to trigger
> segmentation faults of the stage 0 compiler (GHC 8.2.1) during
> validation on Harbormaster (e.g. [1]). Unfortunately I've been unable to
> reproduce this reliably. Has anyone else observed this in their own
> environment?

I have been able to collect a core dump of the crashing compiler and
have opened #14329 to track the issue.

Cheers,

- Ben