Single Monitor with Multiple Workspaces

Eyal Erez
Hi,

I used to have two monitors and I loved xmonad's ability to switch which workspace was visible on each.  That allowed me to set up multiple windows in a workspace and then pop them all in and out as needed.  I've since replaced them with a single ultra-wide monitor.  I thought it would be amazing, if I can pop in two workspaces side by side on the same monitor and control each independently as if they were on two monitors.  Could something like that be possible?

--
Eyal Erez <[hidden email]>

There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.

Re: Single Monitor with Multiple Workspaces

Brandon Allbery
Have you looked at
https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/blob/master/XMonad/Layout/LayoutScreens.hs
?

On 7/9/20, Eyal Erez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used to have two monitors and I loved xmonad's ability to switch which
> workspace was visible on each.  That allowed me to set up multiple windows
> in a workspace and then pop them all in and out as needed.  I've since
> replaced them with a single ultra-wide monitor.  I thought it would be
> amazing, if I can pop in two workspaces side by side on the same monitor
> and control each independently as if they were on two monitors.  Could
> something like that be possible?
>
> --
> *Eyal Erez <**[hidden email]* <[hidden email]>*>*
>
> There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh