Starting point for new standard?

Christian Siefkes
Hi all,

out of curiosity, what'll be the starting point for the next Haskell report?
I suppose Haskell 2010 plus the additional "No Datatype Contexts" change
accepted by the old Haskell Language committee in early 2011 (see
https://wiki.haskell.org/Haskell_2010#Additional_change )?

Best regards
        Christian

--
|--------- Dr. Christian Siefkes --------- [hidden email] ---------
| Homepage:   http://www.siefkes.net/   |   Blog:   http://www.keimform.de/
| Wie Produktion zur Nebensache wurde: www.keimform.de/2013/freie-quellen-1/
| Why Production No Longer Worries Us: www.keimform.de/2013/free-sources-1/
|------------------------------------------- OpenPGP Key ID: 0x980FA6ED --
2 + 2 = 5 for suitably large values of 2.

Re: Starting point for new standard?

José Manuel Calderón Trilla
Hello Christian,

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 5:35 AM, Christian Siefkes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> out of curiosity, what'll be the starting point for the next Haskell report?
> I suppose Haskell 2010 plus the additional "No Datatype Contexts" change
> accepted by the old Haskell Language committee in early 2011 (see
> https://wiki.haskell.org/Haskell_2010#Additional_change )?

It hasn't been stated explicitly, but I would expect you're mostly correct.

The library portion of the standard is now under the purview of the
Core Libraries Committee (CLC) [1]. Therefore the current Haskell
Standard takes into account their work in addition to what you've
mentioned.

There's another thread on the mailing list about which extensions
deserve to be promoted to language features which might interest you,
but as far as I'm aware the assumed foundation is the 2010 report and
the work of the CLC.

Cheers,

Jose

[1]: https://wiki.haskell.org/Core_Libraries_Committee