Status of Haskell on the browser?

Bryan Richter-2
A perennial question, I'm sure.

I've been trying out some browser-side programming lately, and I'm curious if anyone in the community has any vision for where things are going.

GHCJS looks like it hasn't had any updates in a while. Is it approaching its twilight years, or do people still have plans for it?

Asterius looks interesting, but I'm not too clear on where WASM sits in the web space. Would a suitably-advanced Asterius cover all of our Haskell-on-the-browser needs, or would there still be a need for a separate javascript backend?

Basically, I'm curious to know what people are working on in this realm!

-Bryan