Stepping away

Sean Chalmers-2
Hi all,

For various reasons I'm not interested in maintaining my Haskell packages any more. If anyone has any interest in taking over then I am happy to hand them over:

async-io-either
classy-influxdb-simple
haskell-time-range
hoist-error
reflex-dom-svg
servant-waargonaut
tasty-hedgehog-coverage
tasty-wai
waargonaut

Been swell, swellings gone down.

Cheers,

Sean Chalmers

Re: Stepping away

Emily Pillmore
Hey Sean,

I'm sad to see you go and I hope everything is okay :((((

I'd love to keep waargonaut going, as well as `servant-waargonaut`. I'm also happy to turn them back over if you end up coming back.

craawwwwwling innnnn my skiiiiiiin,
Emily

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 7:35 AM, Sean Chalmers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

For various reasons I'm not interested in maintaining my Haskell packages any more. If anyone has any interest in taking over then I am happy to hand them over:

async-io-either
classy-influxdb-simple
haskell-time-range
hoist-error
reflex-dom-svg
servant-waargonaut
tasty-hedgehog-coverage
tasty-wai
waargonaut

Been swell, swellings gone down.

Cheers,

Sean Chalmers

Re: Stepping away

Sean Chalmers-2
Hi Emily,

It's a bummer, but like a lot of people life is being very lifelike at the moment and I just don't have the spoons. :(

I am super happy you're keen on keeping the Waarg going. I'm not sure what deets I need from you to transfer ownership?

Cheers,

Sean

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 at 14:32, Emily Pillmore <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Carter Schonwald
Indeed, it’s a hard year and emily has really good taste, I trust her to keep the waargonaut kiln warm for you.

It’s a darn nice lib for those who aren’t familiar.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 11:46 AM Sean Chalmers <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Haskell - Libraries mailing list
Hi Sean,

On 29/10/2020 16:45, Sean Chalmers wrote:
> I'm not sure what deets I need from you to transfer ownership?

Usually you'd add your co-maintainers to the maintainers list under

    https://hackage.haskell.org/package/YOUR_PACKAGE_NAME/maintainers/

and give them push access to whatever version control you use for the package (e.g. Github).

Cheers,
Niklas

Re: Stepping away

David Feuer
Ask Emily to create a GitHub "organization" and transfer ownership of the repository to that organization. Organizations are good because they can have multiple owners—redundancy is nice. Transferring the whole repository will also transfer all issues and pull requests.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020, 1:54 PM Niklas Hambüchen via Libraries <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sean,

On 29/10/2020 16:45, Sean Chalmers wrote:
> I'm not sure what deets I need from you to transfer ownership?

Usually you'd add your co-maintainers to the maintainers list under

    https://hackage.haskell.org/package/YOUR_PACKAGE_NAME/maintainers/

and give them push access to whatever version control you use for the package (e.g. Github).

Cheers,
Niklas

Re: Stepping away

Sean Chalmers-2
Agreed, orgs are good. We've a bit of logistics to sort for the repo but apart from that it's all sorted now. Thanks for the tips. :)

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 17:56, David Feuer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ask Emily to create a GitHub "organization" and transfer ownership of the repository to that organization. Organizations are good because they can have multiple owners—redundancy is nice. Transferring the whole repository will also transfer all issues and pull requests.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020, 1:54 PM Niklas Hambüchen via Libraries <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sean,

On 29/10/2020 16:45, Sean Chalmers wrote:
> I'm not sure what deets I need from you to transfer ownership?

Usually you'd add your co-maintainers to the maintainers list under

    https://hackage.haskell.org/package/YOUR_PACKAGE_NAME/maintainers/

and give them push access to whatever version control you use for the package (e.g. Github).

Cheers,
Niklas

Re: Stepping away

Emily Pillmore
Davean's always good for a tip :)

I can create a Waargonaut org and house this stuff if you're cool with it. I'll coordinate with Gwils and Tony.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 1:57 PM, Sean Chalmers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Agreed, orgs are good. We've a bit of logistics to sort for the repo but apart from that it's all sorted now. Thanks for the tips. :)

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 17:56, David Feuer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ask Emily to create a GitHub "organization" and transfer ownership of the repository to that organization. Organizations are good because they can have multiple owners—redundancy is nice. Transferring the whole repository will also transfer all issues and pull requests.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020, 1:54 PM Niklas Hambüchen via Libraries <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sean,

On 29/10/2020 16:45, Sean Chalmers wrote:
> I'm not sure what deets I need from you to transfer ownership?

Usually you'd add your co-maintainers to the maintainers list under

    https://hackage.haskell.org/package/YOUR_PACKAGE_NAME/maintainers/

and give them push access to whatever version control you use for the package (e.g. Github).

Cheers,
Niklas

Re: Stepping away

Sean Chalmers-2