Takeover of hashable and uuid & uuid-types packages

Takeover of hashable and uuid & uuid-types packages

Oleg Grenrus
I ask to take over the maintenance of hashable, uuid and uuid-types
packages.

I'm a maintainer of packages depending on them (most notably
quickcheck-instances and aeson).

I should also mention that when we (Herbert and I) took over Antoine
Latter's packages, I took over quickcheck-instances and Herbert took
over uuid and parsec. We should taken over together in the first place.

My first points of action would be:
- make a releases supporting latest versions of dependencies (GHC-9.0,
bytestring-0.11) and
- move packages to https://github.com/haskellari organization, so in
case of my absence there are people (Ryan Scott, bodigrim, few others)
who will be able to act.

Best regards,
Oleg

Re: Takeover of hashable and uuid & uuid-types packages

Oleg Grenrus

github.com/haskell is fine too. I have uneasy feeling about its current "chaotic good" management model though, but I can live with it.

OTOH, you can simply bother me about any package in haskellari org. Clear and simple.

- Oleg

On 16.2.2021 17.56, Johan Tibell wrote:
I'm not involved anymore so it's fine by me but why not https://github.com/haskell?

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 4:26 PM Oleg Grenrus <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you Johan.

Could you add me as maintainer on Hackage as well, my username is phadej there as well.

Cheers, Oleg.

On 16.2.2021 18.59, Johan Tibell wrote:
Done.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 5:54 PM Simon Jakobi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you all for your support.

I really appreciate your trust.

I'd like to use this opportunity to mention that there are few documentation related issues [1], and I'll welcome patches resolving these.

Cheers, Oleg.

- [1]: https://github.com/haskell-unordered-containers/hashable/labels/Documentation