Taking over a maintainership on hsyslog-udp

Taking over a maintainership on hsyslog-udp

Kostiantyn Rybnikov
I'd like to take over a maintainership of the hsyslog-udp package [0]. I wrote Jon few days ago and got no response, so I'm acting as per the "taking over" instructions [1]

Thanks

Re: Taking over a maintainership on hsyslog-udp

Sven Panne-2
I'd like to take over a maintainership of the hsyslog-udp package [0]. I wrote Jon few days ago and got no response, so I'm acting as per the "taking over" instructions [1]

The last commits on the project's GitHub page were done just 3 days ago, and the project is part of an organization (ThoughtLeadr). So the right first step would be contacting the organization via GitHub, e.g. the issue tracker. Furthermore, I don't think that "a few days" count as "a reasonable time to respond". Taking over maintainership is a sledgehammer, which should be used cautiously. I don't think anybody would be happy to see their projects hijacked after e.g. a longer vacation...

Cheers,
   S.

Re: Taking over a maintainership on hsyslog-udp

Kostiantyn Rybnikov
I'm a VP of Eng in that organization and Jon worked for us previously actually :) We do have a commit access to the repo but not to the hackage.

Anyways, Jon responded today, so the issue is resolved, I've been added to the maintainers list.