Taking over protocol-buffers package

Kostiantyn Rybnikov
Hi Chris and Cafe!

I've sent Chris an email couple days ago, this is another one to have haskell-cafe CCed in order to request maintainership of protocol-buffers package.

Stefan Wehr actually tried to contact Chris long time ago, and thus you can see current "riak" package depends upon protocol-buffers-fork package, created to add support for GHC 7.8.

I'd like to incorporate work from protocol-buffers-fork, add support for GHC 7.10, and also move project to GitHub and add some README with at least basic tutorial.

Thanks! Awaiting few weeks now :)

Re: Taking over protocol-buffers package

Andrey Sverdlichenko
Go ahead, it took almost a year to push my patch to protocol-buffers,
active maintainer is definitely needed.

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Kostiantyn Rybnikov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Chris and Cafe!
>
> I've sent Chris an email couple days ago, this is another one to have
> haskell-cafe CCed in order to request maintainership of protocol-buffers
> package.
>
> Stefan Wehr actually tried to contact Chris long time ago, and thus you can
> see current "riak" package depends upon protocol-buffers-fork package,
> created to add support for GHC 7.8.
>
> I'd like to incorporate work from protocol-buffers-fork, add support for GHC
> 7.10, and also move project to GitHub and add some README with at least
> basic tutorial.
>
> Thanks! Awaiting few weeks now :)

Re: Taking over protocol-buffers package

Kostiantyn Rybnikov
My hackage id is k_bx, if needed.