Test suite regressions

Joachim Breitner-2
Hi,

travis-ci reports test suite failures. Unfortunately, the builds still
sometimes timeout, so I cannot pin-point the precise change, but someone
pushing today broke

Unexpected failures:
   ghci/scripts  T8639 [bad stdout] (ghci)
   polykinds     T7594 [stderr mismatch] (normal)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/16345412/log.txt

If you pushed today, please check if you might have broken them. And
please validate your changes before pushing!

(I have some scripts that make clean validating mostly hassle-free,
based on a dedicated build host where I push to "validate/some-name",
and after lunch I come back and see if the branch was renamed to
"validated/some-name" or "broken/some-name" ? I can share them if you
are interested. Although I believe that we would benefit from a central,
official solution.)

Greetings,
Joachim

--