Time Profiling Haskell

Thomas Davie
I have a program that I *know* can run faster... I know there's
duplicated effort in there somewhere, the question is where.  The
heap profile reflects exactly what I would expect it to, so I want a
reasonably accurate time profile.  Is there any way to get such a thing?

Thanks

Bob

Re: Time Profiling Haskell

Simon Marlow
Thomas Davie wrote:
> I have a program that I *know* can run faster... I know there's
> duplicated effort in there somewhere, the question is where.  The heap
> profile reflects exactly what I would expect it to, so I want a
> reasonably accurate time profile.  Is there any way to get such a thing?

If you're running GHC, then compiling with -prof -auto-all, and running
with +RTS -p, will give you a time profile.