Time for a new logo?

1234 ... 6

Time for a new logo?

Don Stewart-2
I noticed a new haskell logo idea on a tshirt today,

    http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/13215127/producttypecolor/2/type/png

Simple, clean and *pure*.

Instead of the "we got lots going on" of the current logo.

Any graphic designers want to try some variations on this theme of
purity?

A new year, and a new mature logo...

-- Don

Re: Time for a new logo?

Johan Tibell-2
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Don Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I noticed a new haskell logo idea on a tshirt today,
>
>    http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/13215127/producttypecolor/2/type/png
>
> Simple, clean and *pure*.

I like it. I prefer the thick lambda over the script one and the
circle provides nice framing.

I'm no graphics designer though.

Cheers,

Johan

Re: Time for a new logo?

George Pollard
?

cover.jpg (27K) Download Attachment

Re: Time for a new logo?

sam lee
http://i35.tinypic.com/mjon83.png
used this: http://www.simwebsol.com/ImageTool/Default.aspx

2008/12/14 George Pollard <[hidden email]>:
> ?

Re: Time for a new logo?

brian-245
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Don Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I noticed a new haskell logo idea on a tshirt today,
>    http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/13215127/producttypecolor/2/type/png

I'd buy one, but I'm not seeing it on spreadshirt.net.

Re: Time for a new logo?

Don Stewart-2
brianchina60221:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Don Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I noticed a new haskell logo idea on a tshirt today,
> >    http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/13215127/producttypecolor/2/type/png
>
> I'd buy one, but I'm not seeing it on spreadshirt.net.

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Merchandise

?

Re: Time for a new logo?

Ketil Malde-5
Don Stewart <[hidden email]> writes:

> I noticed a new haskell logo idea on a tshirt today,
>
>     http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/13215127/producttypecolor/2/type/png
>
> Simple, clean and *pure*.

Nice.  For some more hubris, replace 'A' with 'The'.

-k

Re: Time for a new logo?

Don Stewart-2
ketil:
> Don Stewart <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > I noticed a new haskell logo idea on a tshirt today,
> >
> >     http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/13215127/producttypecolor/2/type/png
> >
> > Simple, clean and *pure*.
>
> Nice.  For some more hubris, replace 'A' with 'The'.

I had the very same thought :)

Stamp it home.

Re: Time for a new logo?

Brandon S Allbery KF8NH
On 2008 Dec 14, at 16:50, sam lee wrote:
> http://i35.tinypic.com/mjon83.png
> used this: http://www.simwebsol.com/ImageTool/Default.aspx

Win from the "visually interesting" angle, but massive lose from the
"legibility" angle.

Re: Time for a new logo?

J. Garrett Morris-2
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Don Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ketil:
>> Nice.  For some more hubris, replace 'A' with 'The'.
>
> I had the very same thought :)

It certainly wouldn't do to let, say, the existence of Concurrent
Clean get in the way of our self-promotion.

 /g

--
I am in here

Re: Time for a new logo?

Eelco Lempsink-4
On 14 dec 2008, at 22:15, Don Stewart wrote:

> I noticed a new haskell logo idea on a tshirt today,
>
>    http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/13215127/producttypecolor/2/type/png
>
> Simple, clean and *pure*.
>
> Instead of the "we got lots going on" of the current logo.
>
> Any graphic designers want to try some variations on this theme of
> purity?

I'm not a graphic designer, but that doesn't prevent me giving a try.

(Transparant PNG, for best results view on a white background.)

By the way, the font used (Kautiva) is not free.  You might recognize
it from Tupil's logo ;)

Eelco Lempsink

haskell-logo.png (12K) Download Attachment
PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Time for a new logo?

Don Stewart-2
eelco:

> On 14 dec 2008, at 22:15, Don Stewart wrote:
> >I noticed a new haskell logo idea on a tshirt today,
> >
> >   http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/13215127/producttypecolor/2/type/png
> >
> >Simple, clean and *pure*.
> >
> >Instead of the "we got lots going on" of the current logo.
> >
> >Any graphic designers want to try some variations on this theme of
> >purity?
>

> I'm not a graphic designer, but that doesn't prevent me giving a try.
>

> (Transparant PNG, for best results view on a white background.)
>
> By the way, the font used (Kautiva) is not free.  You might recognize
> it from Tupil's logo ;)

Could you attach it to the web page,

    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_logos/New_logo_ideas

-- Don

Re: Time for a new logo?

Derek Elkins
On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 02:57 +0100, Eelco Lempsink wrote:

> On 14 dec 2008, at 22:15, Don Stewart wrote:
> > I noticed a new haskell logo idea on a tshirt today,
> >
> >    http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/13215127/producttypecolor/2/type/png
> >
> > Simple, clean and *pure*.
> >
> > Instead of the "we got lots going on" of the current logo.
> >
> > Any graphic designers want to try some variations on this theme of
> > purity?
>

> I'm not a graphic designer, but that doesn't prevent me giving a try.
>

> (Transparant PNG, for best results view on a white background.)
>
> By the way, the font used (Kautiva) is not free.  You might recognize
> it from Tupil's logo ;)

Someone would pay for that font?  It literally hurts my eyes.

Re: Time for a new logo?

Corey O'Connor
I like the proposed logo even more now that you've pointed out the
similarity. :-)
-Corey O'Connor

2008/12/14 George Pollard <[hidden email]>:
> ?

Re: Time for a new logo?

Clifford Beshers-3
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Don Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:

Could you attach it to the web page,

   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_logos/New_logo_ideas

I tossed up a quickie candidate there as well.

Re: Time for a new logo?

Ketil Malde-5
"J. Garrett Morris" <[hidden email]> writes:

>>> Nice.  For some more hubris, replace 'A' with 'The'.

>> I had the very same thought :)

> It certainly wouldn't do to let, say, the existence of Concurrent
> Clean get in the way of our self-promotion.

Well, they get to make T-shirts with "Clean - the /other/ purely
functional language".

Seriously though - thet text can be interpreted as Haskell, the purely
functional language to distinguish it from Haskell, the county in
Texas, or Haskell, the Indian Nations University....or for that matter
Haskell, the logician.

To avoid any hard feelings, I suggest either putting "Haskell the
logician" (with a picture of same) on the back of the shirt, or
replacing the text with just "purely functional" or similar.

At any rate, "A" is to weak, and suggests just one of the crowd.

-k

Re: Time for a new logo?

Thomas Davie

On 15 Dec 2008, at 03:27, Don Stewart wrote:
> Could you attach it to the web page,
>
>    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_logos/New_logo_ideas

I've stuck a contender up there too.

Bob

Re: Time for a new logo?

Eelco Lempsink-4
On 15 dec 2008, at 03:31, Derek Elkins wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 02:57 +0100, Eelco Lempsink wrote:
>> I'm not a graphic designer, but that doesn't prevent me giving a try.
>>
>> By the way, the font used (Kautiva) is not free.  You might recognize
>> it from Tupil's logo ;)
>
> Someone would pay for that font?  It literally hurts my eyes.

Oh, I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to cause any harm.  To sooth
your eyes, I created another variation, which also features a tagline
that, in my opinion, captures more closely the gist of the impression
Haskell makes on most programmers.

This one is dedicated to you, Derek.  Good luck with your eyes.

Eelco Lempsink

haskell-logo-funny.png (14K) Download Attachment
PGP.sig (201 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Time for a new logo?

Henning Thielemann

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008, Don Stewart wrote:

> I noticed a new haskell logo idea on a tshirt today,
>
>    http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/configuration/13215127/producttypecolor/2/type/png
>
> Simple, clean and *pure*.
>
> Instead of the "we got lots going on" of the current logo.

Call me conservative, but I like the current logo more than the new
suggestions. Why isn't it shown big on the welcome page of haskell.org?

Re: Time for a new logo?

Álvaro Vilanova Vidal
One more concept.

haskell_infinitylambda_logo.svg (10K) Download Attachment
haskell_infinitylambda.svg (11K) Download Attachment
haskell_infinitylambda.png (21K) Download Attachment
1234 ... 6