To what xmonad renames the Menu key?

jenia.ivlev

Hello.
I typically swap the Menu and the right Ctrl keys.

I used to do with xmodmap:

    remove Control = Control_R
    keysym Menu = Control_R
    keysym Control_R = Menu
    add Control = Control_R

I just switch them around. The menu key becomes ctrl and the right ctrl
becomes the menu key.

This stopped working all of a sudden.
Also, I noticed that the menu key has become the mod key.
I'm wondering if xmonad remapped the menu to become the mod key?
If yes, how is it called? Maybe "Mod_R", or "Mod_2" or something?
Although, I tried these two names and it didnt seem to work.

So again, how do I switch places the right Mod key and the right Ctrl?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.
Jenia.

To what xmonad renames the Menu key?

Brandon Allbery
On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 10:31 PM, jenia.ivlev <jenia.ivlev at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if xmonad remapped the menu to become the mod key?

xmonad does no key remapping.

Have you by any chance been experimenting with Xkb, either directly
(setxkbmap) or indirectly (various desktop manager keyboard control panels,
xorg.conf Xkb* configuration entries, etc.)? I seem to recall someone
suggesting some setxkbmap entries to you earlier.

This will interact with xmodmap, and Xkb will take precedence --- and
xmodmap can't always understand Xkb settings.

allbery.b at gmail.com                                  ballbery at sinenomine.net
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com>
writes:

> On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 10:31 PM, jenia.ivlev
> <jenia.ivlev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I'm wondering if xmonad remapped the menu to become the mod key?
>

> xmonad does no key remapping.
You are right. It was my own xmonad.hs config file that caused the
problem.
I was certain that I verified that but apperently not.

> Have you by any chance been experimenting with Xkb, either directly
> (setxkbmap) or indirectly (various desktop manager keyboard control
> panels, xorg.conf Xkb* configuration entries, etc.)? I seem to recall
> someone suggesting some setxkbmap entries to you earlier.
I tried it but it turned out that it doesn't have the exact key mapping
I need.

    remove Control = Control_R
    keysym Menu = Control_R
    keysym Control_R = Super_L
    add Control = Control_R

That is, switch the Menu and Right-Control and also make the Menu
key(just to avoid confusion, I want to repeat that on the physical
keybaord, its written ctrl on it cause we switched them around)
into the Super key (mod key in xmonad).

> This will interact with xmodmap, and Xkb will take precedence --- and
> xmodmap can't always understand Xkb settings.

Thanks very much for your help.
Happy upcoming New Year!!!