Total failure

GHC - devs mailing list

Bad things are happening.   I can’t build GHC at all!

I’m trying ‘sh validate –fast’ on a clean build of a master checkout

HEAD detached at 3a96a0b6db

(this is the master checkout from which !2276 branches off)

But alas I get this

Exit code: 1

Stderr:

compiler/main/DynFlags.hs:323:0: error:

     error: "GHC_STAGE" is not defined, evaluates to 0 [-Werror=undef]

     #if GHC_STAGE >= 2

323 | #if GHC_STAGE >= 2

    | ^

compiler/main/DynFlags.hs:5750:0: error:

     error: "GHC_STAGE" is not defined, evaluates to 0 [-Werror=undef]

     #if GHC_STAGE < 2

5750 | #if GHC_STAGE < 2

     | ^

cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

What should I do?

Re: Total failure

Ben Gamari-2
Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <[hidden email]> writes:

> Bad things are happening.   I can't build GHC at all!
> I'm trying 'sh validate -fast' on a clean build of a master checkout
> HEAD detached at 3a96a0b6db
> (this is the master checkout from which !2276 branches off)
> But alas I get this

I think I see what is going on here. If you run `make WERROR=""` for a
while to get past DynFlags does the build finish?

Cheers,

- Ben

RE: Total failure

GHC - devs mailing list
|  I think I see what is going on here. If you run `make WERROR=""` for a
|  while to get past DynFlags does the build finish?

Strange.  This would switch from a failed *Hadrian* build to using *make*. Is that really what you intend?