Trac

GHC - devs mailing list

Trac tickets now open up with the “Modify ticket” boxes open.  That makes them vulnerable to accidental edits.  Could it be closed by default as it used to be?

Re: Trac

Ben Gamari-2
Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <[hidden email]> writes:

> Trac tickets now open up with the "Modify ticket" boxes open. That
> makes them vulnerable to accidental edits. Could it be closed by
> default as it used to be?

Hmm, I'm having trouble reproducing this behavior.  I wonder whether
this is due to some per-user preference.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: Trac

George Colpitts
I'm seeing the same thing as Simon, when I open a ticket, e.g. https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4012, at the bottom , after the comments I see a Modify Ticket and Action box as if I had clicked the Modify link at the top. I believe this is new behavior.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:03 AM Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> wrote:
Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <[hidden email]> writes:

> Trac tickets now open up with the "Modify ticket" boxes open. That
> makes them vulnerable to accidental edits. Could it be closed by
> default as it used to be?

Hmm, I'm having trouble reproducing this behavior.  I wonder whether
this is due to some per-user preference.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: Trac

Richard Eisenberg-4
As another data point, I am *not* seeing this change in behavior. My "Modify Ticket" tab is closed by default.

Richard

Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> writes:

> As another data point, I am *not* seeing this change in behavior. My "Modify Ticket" tab is closed by default.

Hmm, this is interesting. I just tried this in Chromium and indeed I see
the Modify Ticket pane open by default. By contrast, Firefox is closed.
What browsers are you all using?

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: Trac

Richard Eisenberg-4

> On Feb 13, 2017, at 1:06 PM, Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What browsers are you all using?

Firefox, in agreement with your experience.

Re: Trac

Matthew Pickering
I am using Chrome and it is closed by default

Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:

> Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> As another data point, I am *not* seeing this change in behavior. My "Modify Ticket" tab is closed by default.
>>
> Hmm, this is interesting. I just tried this in Chromium and indeed I see
> the Modify Ticket pane open by default. By contrast, Firefox is closed.
> What browsers are you all using?

I think I see what is going it; it's the silly CDN again.

Austin, can we just drop the CDN from ghc.haskell.org? It really seems
like hurts more than it helps.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: Trac

Ben Gamari-2
Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:

> Ben Gamari <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> writes:
>>
>>> As another data point, I am *not* seeing this change in behavior. My "Modify Ticket" tab is closed by default.
>>>
>> Hmm, this is interesting. I just tried this in Chromium and indeed I see
>> the Modify Ticket pane open by default. By contrast, Firefox is closed.
>> What browsers are you all using?
>>
> I think I see what is going it; it's the silly CDN again.
>
> Austin, can we just drop the CDN from ghc.haskell.org? It really seems
> like hurts more than it helps.

Hmm, I might have been too hasty in blaming the CDN here (which appears
not to cover ghc.haskell.org). It looks like it might just be
client-side caching.

I have updating the server configuration to ensure that browsers aren't
tempted to use old cached artifacts.

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: Trac

Ben Gamari-2
Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <[hidden email]> writes:

> Trac tickets now open up with the "Modify ticket" boxes open. That
> makes them vulnerable to accidental edits. Could it be closed by
> default as it used to be?

Let me know if you are still seeing this; I believe it should be
resolved if you refresh.

Cheers,

- Ben

RE: Trac