Trouble building happy/alex with Stack lts-9.20

Trouble building happy/alex with Stack lts-9.20

Eric McCorkle
Hi folks,

I'm trying to update my language project to happy >= 9.16, so I can use
typeclass-based parsers.  Unfortunately, I'm running into build errors
after switching to lts-9.20.  The log file is attached.

I see similar problems when trying to build alex (the lexer generator).

It seems to be claiming that there is no cabal file, which is odd, as
there clearly is one (in the source at least).

Has anyone else seen this problem, and if so, what is the workaround?

happy-1.19.8.log (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Trouble building happy/alex with Stack lts-9.20

Eric McCorkle
Can unpack, and happy.cabal is definitely there.  Unfortunately, stack
init or stack build seems to fail with an aeson exception:

AesonException "Error in
$.packages.cassava.constraints.flags['bytestring--lt-0_10_4']: Invalid
flag name: \"bytestring--lt-0_10_4\""

On 12/25/2017 07:53, Michael Snoyman wrote:

> What command are you running to generate this output? Are you able to
> `stack unpack happy && cd happy-* && stack init && stack build`
> successfully?
>
> On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Dan Burton <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     /cc the haskell-stack mailing list.
>
>     On Dec 24, 2017 9:08 AM, "Eric McCorkle" <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>         Hi folks,
>
>         I'm trying to update my language project to happy >= 9.16, so I
>         can use
>         typeclass-based parsers.  Unfortunately, I'm running into build
>         errors
>         after switching to lts-9.20.  The log file is attached.
>
>         I see similar problems when trying to build alex (the lexer
>         generator).
>
>         It seems to be claiming that there is no cabal file, which is
>         odd, as
>         there clearly is one (in the source at least).
>
>         Has anyone else seen this problem, and if so, what is the
>         workaround?

>         Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.

>     Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.

Re: Trouble building happy/alex with Stack lts-9.20

Michael Snoyman
You'll need to run `stack upgrade` first.