Trying to uninstall

dfkettle
I'm trying to uninstall Hugs for Windows (ver. "Sep 2006"), but when I
run the uninstaller, I get the following error message:

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0eab IP:0130 OP:63 6f 6e 74 65 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

How can I cleanly uninstall Hugs? I tried the "add/remove" option in
the Windows control panel, but got the same error. Can I simply delete
the directory where it was installed, or is it messier than that? Are
there entries in the Windows registry that need to be removed?

Thanks.

Re: Trying to uninstall

Neil Mitchell
Hi David,

Alas, that's my fault.

You can cleanly uninstall Hugs by simply removing C:\Program
Files\WinHugs. There are registry entries inserted to register
.hs/.lhs extensions, and one to add to the add/remove programs field,
but they are harmless.

Thanks

Neil

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 3:12 PM, David <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to uninstall Hugs for Windows (ver. "Sep 2006"), but when I
> run the uninstaller, I get the following error message:
>
> The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
> CS:0eab IP:0130 OP:63 6f 6e 74 65 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
>
> How can I cleanly uninstall Hugs? I tried the "add/remove" option in
> the Windows control panel, but got the same error. Can I simply delete
> the directory where it was installed, or is it messier than that? Are
> there entries in the Windows registry that need to be removed?
>
> Thanks.

Re: Trying to uninstall

dfkettle
Thanks for your help. I hope you don't think that I don't like
WinHugs, but I was having problems with ghc, and I thought it might be
due to some conflict between them. So I wanted to uninstall WinHugs
just to eliminate that possibility. Since then, someone else on the
ghc mailing list told me what was causing the problem (nothing to do
with WinHugs!).

David.