Typing rules for Haskell

Richard Eisenberg-5
Hi devs,

Simon and I were wondering about a tight specification for the recent action in proposal #253 (https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/253). We needed to see the typing rules. So I made a repo (https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/haskell) to collect typing rules for source Haskell. I managed to convince the CI infrastructure to produce a PDF at every upload; it is linked from the README.

The current version contains the proposed result signatures; it should probably be in a branch, but life is short.

Contributions very welcome!
Richard

Re: Typing rules for Haskell

Ben Gamari-2
Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi devs,
>
> Simon and I were wondering about a tight specification for the recent
> action in proposal #253
> (https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/253
> <https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/253>). We needed
> to see the typing rules. So I made a repo
> (https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/haskell
> <https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/haskell>) to collect typing rules for
> source Haskell. I managed to convince the CI infrastructure to produce
> a PDF at every upload; it is linked from the README.
>
> The current version contains the proposed result signatures; it should
> probably be in a branch, but life is short.

Very nice!

Cheers,

- Ben

Re: Typing rules for Haskell

Ömer Sinan Ağacan
Nice!

Perhaps I should revive my or-patterns proposal now. The main problem (IIRC) was
that I had to give a rather large subset of Haskell (that includes pattern
matching) typing rules to show typing rules of or-patterns. Now that that part
is done perhaps I can find the time for the rest.

Ömer

Ben Gamari <[hidden email]>, 25 Tem 2019 Per, 02:32 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

> Richard Eisenberg <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > Simon and I were wondering about a tight specification for the recent
> > action in proposal #253
> > (https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/253
> > <https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/253>). We needed
> > to see the typing rules. So I made a repo
> > (https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/haskell
> > <https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/haskell>) to collect typing rules for
> > source Haskell. I managed to convince the CI infrastructure to produce
> > a PDF at every upload; it is linked from the README.
> >
> > The current version contains the proposed result signatures; it should
> > probably be in a branch, but life is short.
> >
> Very nice!
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Ben

Re: Typing rules for Haskell

Richard Eisenberg-5
Great idea. I believe that if you fork my repo, your fork will also auto-build a PDF on pushing. Feel free to add text among the Greek, as well. :)