Unikernels in Haskell

Arnaud Bailly | Capital Match
Hello,

I am currently making my feet wet with unikernels using MirageOS (https://mirage.io/wiki/hello-world). It's a damn cool piece of technology and serious competitors for containers once it matured. Has anybody experience with such things? Are there some people out there working on a Haskell implementation? I suspect that this implementation could reuse low-level libraries meant to replace syscalls and "only" provide a way to pack Haskell executables into required format. I maybe missing some important points though...

Arnaud Bailly
CTO |
Capital Match
CapitalMatch
39A ​North Canal Road | Singapore ​059295

Capital Match Platform Pte. Ltd., registered in Singapore (Co. Reg. No. 201501788H), is a subsidiary of Capital Match Holdings Pte. Ltd. (Co. Reg. No. 201418682W) (collectively "Capital Match").

This e-mail message and any enclosures are intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information which is confidential and/or legally protected. Any use, distribution, modification, copying or disclosure by any person(s) other than the named addressee is strictly prohibited. Capital Match disclaims all responsibility from and accept no liability whatsoever for the consequences of any unauthorized person acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this message. If you have received this email in error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive later or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version from the sender. Capital Match makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments.

Re: Unikernels in Haskell

thegravian
Arnaud,

You should check out HaLVM by the Galois team.  I think it's in the neighborhood of what you're looking for.

Best,

Ian