Up-to-date HaskellDB sample or tute

Adrian May
Hi All,

All the tutorials and samples I can find for HaskellDB seem to be
bitrotten. Does anybody know of a newish one? I just want to connect to a
postgres DB and run some simple queries.

Or is HaskellDB superseded now?

TIA,
Adrian.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Up-to-date HaskellDB sample or tute

Mats Rauhala
How about these?

http://users.utu.fi/machra/posts/2012-08-23-relalgebra.html
http://users.utu.fi/machra/posts/2011-07-15-haskelldb.html

these shouldn't be that bitrotted. There has been some updates to
haskelldb, but nothing too big. Oh and btw, sorry for the horrible
layout

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 05:57:41PM +0800, Adrian May wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> All the tutorials and samples I can find for HaskellDB seem to be
> bitrotten. Does anybody know of a newish one? I just want to connect to a
> postgres DB and run some simple queries.
>
> Or is HaskellDB superseded now?
>
> TIA,
> Adrian.

Mats Rauhala
MasseR

Up-to-date HaskellDB sample or tute

Adrian May
Thanks! At first sight they look compatible with what I've been finding
out. But I suspect that haskelldb-th with it's CodeGen module is history. I
just got that bit working like this:

{-# LANGUAGE TemplateHaskell #-}

import Database.HaskellDB
import Database.HaskellDB.DBSpec
import Database.HaskellDB.DBSpec.PPHelpers
import Database.HaskellDB.HDBC
import Database.HaskellDB.HDBC.PostgreSQL
import Database.HaskellDB.DBSpec.DBSpecToDBDirect

-- These work after the dbInfoToModuleFiles run ...
--import Adsdb
--import Adsdb.Test

adsDB :: (Database -> IO a) -> IO a
adsDB = postgresqlConnect adsdb_opts

adsdb_opts = [("host","localhost")
             ,("user","ad")
             ,("password","1wd1wd")
             ,("dbname","adsdb")]

dbinfo :: DBInfo
dbinfo = makeDBSpec "Adsdb"
                    (DBOptions { useBString = False , makeIdent =
mkIdentPreserving  })
                    [ makeTInfo "Test"
                      [ makeCInfo "teststring" (StringT, False)
                      , makeCInfo "testint"   (IntT,   False)
                      ]
                    ]

main = dbInfoToModuleFiles "." "Adsdb" dbinfo

but when I import the generated code it warns like this:

Adsdb.hs:12:24:
    Warning: Fields of `DBOptions' not initialised: makeIdent
    In the `opts' field of a record
    In the expression:
      DBInfo
        {dbname = "Adsdb", opts = DBOptions {useBString = False},
         tbls = [TInfo
                   {tname = "Test",
                    cols = [CInfo {cname = "teststring", descr = ...},
....]}]}
    In an equation for `adsdb':