[Updated] Summary of Chapter 1 of Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design

[Updated] Summary of Chapter 1 of Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design

Costello, Roger L.
Hi Folks,

I completed my Powerpoint slides which summarize the material in chapter 1 of "Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design":

http://www.xfront.com/Pearls-of-Functional-Algorithm-Design/Chapter1/Find-the-smallest-free-number.pptx

/Roger

[Updated] Summary of Chapter 1 of Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design

Patrick LeBoutillier
Roger,

I don't have the book, but your slides make it very easy to follow the
algorithms!

Good job,

Patrick

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Costello, Roger L. <costello at mitre.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I completed my Powerpoint slides which summarize the material in chapter 1 of "Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design":
>
> http://www.xfront.com/Pearls-of-Functional-Algorithm-Design/Chapter1/Find-the-smallest-free-number.pptx
>
> /Roger

=====================
Patrick LeBoutillier
Rosem?re, Qu?bec, Canada

~

saurabh verma

On 11-Jun-2011, at 9:20 PM, Costello, Roger L. wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I completed my Powerpoint slides which summarize the material in chapter 1 of "Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design":
>
> http://www.xfront.com/Pearls-of-Functional-Algorithm-Design/Chapter1/Find-the-smallest-free-number.pptx

Is it possible for you to publish a pdf version too ?

Thanks for sharing the information .

~saurabh

KC

[Updated] Summary of Chapter 1 of Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design

KC
Your preamble problems have nothing to do with the problem of finding
"The Smallest Free Number" and the surprising thing is it can be done
in O(n); a linear time solution unlike your preamble problems.

If you want to see the intermediate data structures you could you
Observe.lhs from Hood from Hackage.

One can compose functions in any language, the concept you're looking
for is "composability".

Your PowerPoint was pretty good but I know you can do better. (from
Randy Pausch's last lecture)

> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Costello, Roger L. <costello at mitre.org> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I completed my Powerpoint slides which summarize the material in chapter 1 of "Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design":
>>
>> http://www.xfront.com/Pearls-of-Functional-Algorithm-Design/Chapter1/Find-the-smallest-free-number.pptx
>>
>> /Roger

KC