Urgent help required, life threatening...

Urgent help required, life threatening...

Sean Charles
Does anybody know any way at all that I can de-program my mind to go
back to working with OO, specifically PHP, ever again?

I've seen the Haskell light and it is good and pure and PHP is brown,
dirty and slimy. Please boss, don't make me code more communications
protocols in PHP, please.

Please help.

Urgent help required, life threatening...

Christopher Done
On 25 July 2011 13:13, Sean Charles <sean at objitsu.com> wrote:
> I've seen the Haskell light and it is good and pure and PHP is brown, dirty
> and slimy. Please boss, don't make me code more communications protocols in
> PHP, please.

The first step is accepting that you have an addiction (to Haskell).

You're making excellent progress.

On 25 July 2011 13:13, Sean Charles <sean at objitsu.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know any way at all that I can de-program my mind to go back to
> working with OO, specifically PHP, ever again?

Consider it an exercise in cognitive dissonance.

Urgent help required, life threatening...

Sean Charles

> The first step is accepting that you have an addiction (to Haskell).
>
> You're making excellent progress.
Thanks. I am trying to draft a 12-step program to get me back down.
Hi, my name is <your-name> and I am an Haskel-holic. It's been
<time-period-here> since my last functional programming session...

> On 25 July 2011 13:13, Sean Charles<sean at objitsu.com>  wrote:
>> Does anybody know any way at all that I can de-program my mind to go back to
>> working with OO, specifically PHP, ever again?
> Consider it an exercise in cognitive dissonance.
That's a fascinating subject and particularly relevant: I am
're-writing' some code at the moment to 'comply' (you have ten seconds
to put down your weapon) with local coding standards regarding variable
naming for PHP code and hating every second of it. I mean, what's point
of that for PHP (no language war intended). I am trying to introduce
Erlang here, gently!

Have a good day everybody.
:)
Sean

PS: Don't press the red button.

Urgent help required, life threatening...

jfredett
The issue is, I should think, not the necessity of using OO-style, but the
necessity of using PHP to do it.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Sean Charles <sean at objitsu.com> wrote:

>  The first step is accepting that you have an addiction (to Haskell).
>>
>> You're making excellent progress.
>>
> Thanks. I am trying to draft a 12-step program to get me back down.
> Hi, my name is <your-name> and I am an Haskel-holic. It's been
> <time-period-here> since my last functional programming session...
>

>  On 25 July 2011 13:13, Sean Charles<sean at objitsu.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Does anybody know any way at all that I can de-program my mind to go back
>>> working with OO, specifically PHP, ever again?
>>>
>> Consider it an exercise in cognitive dissonance.
>>
> That's a fascinating subject and particularly relevant: I am 're-writing'
> some code at the moment to 'comply' (you have ten seconds to put down your
> weapon) with local coding standards regarding variable naming for PHP code
> and hating every second of it. I mean, what's point of that for PHP (no
> language war intended). I am trying to introduce Erlang here, gently!
>
> Have a good day everybody.
> :)
> Sean
>
> PS: Don't press the red button.

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

On 25/07/11 13:28, Joseph Fredette wrote:
The issue is, I should think, not the necessity of using OO-style, but
the necessity of using PHP to do it.

O.O. => openly obfuscated