Use -V0 causes space to leak?

Neil Davies
Hi

I have some long running (multi-gigabit, multi-cpu hour) programs and
as part of trying to speed up I thought I would set the -V0 flag -
when I did this there was a slow space leak that caused it to blow the
heap.

Anyone out there have an explanation? Is there some garbage collection
thing associated with something that -V0 suppresses?

Cheers

Neil

Re: Use -V0 causes space to leak?

David Fox-7
On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Neil Davies
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some long running (multi-gigabit, multi-cpu hour) programs and as
> part of trying to speed up I thought I would set the -V0 flag - when I did
> this there was a slow space leak that caused it to blow the heap.
>
> Anyone out there have an explanation? Is there some garbage collection thing
> associated with something that -V0 suppresses?

If you mean -v0, maybe this is not a leak but rather an indefinite
postponement of garbage collection because no results have been
forced?